A little bit about us
CentralNic (formerly Instra Corporation) are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
To support organic growth and improve customer experience, CentralNic is looking for an ambitious Customer Support Consultant (Level 1) to join our Customer Success team looking after our retail customers. Reporting into the Head of Customer Excellence this role will ideally be based in Sydney, where we take a hybrid working model approach. This role sits within a diverse and international team where you will be working with colleagues located in APAC, Europe and the UK and provides a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop within an ever expanding global company.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Provide technical support to customers via phone/email/chat relating to Domains/DNS/Registry/Transfers/Migrations.
- KPIs and SLAs are met during your shift.
- Escalate complex issues to Level 2 support.
- Process requests on behalf of our customers to activate, update and make changes as requested by the customer.
- Provide administrative support to enable customers to activate and use their products.
- Work through email support tickets and/or live chat.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is consistently maintained through timely and response to inquiries/calls.
- Upsell products to the customer base.
- Provide invoices/receipts for the services supplied to the customers, including currency conversion.
- Ensure all activities comply with global compliance requirements, legal requirements, ethical standards and Company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with other internal teams assisting with queries and emails.
- Actively participate in your own professional development and training.
Skills that will help you succeed:
- Demonstrable experience in and have a passion for Customer Service.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (including Fluent English and some German (desirable).
- The ability and motivation to work on your own initiative, adhering to schedule and job requirements.
- The appetite to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter personality and have the ability to deal with ambiguity and difficult situations.
- Have a curious nature, the ability to research and ask questions to understand our products quickly.
- Have a results and target driven mindset while using a logical approach to your work
- Have a hunger to work as a real team player and collaborate with the wider team.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Think creatively and always thinking “how can we”.
- Possess a strong desire to succeed and make a difference!
It would be advantageous if you had:
- Industry Knowledge - Domains, DNS, Registry, Transfers, Migrations
- Have prior knowledge of the ICANN policy
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive and flexible. We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference. We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity. We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward. We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package. We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
Our process will consist of an initial phone screen conversation over video via Google Meet with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be the first round which will be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager. We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at one of our Australian offices (Sydney or Melbourne). However, we welcome all Australian applications. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com