A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
As a Data Engineer, in the newly created Data and Artificial Intelligence Office, you will work with a specialized team to develop a new cutting-edge data application serving all of CentralNic as well as every department including finance, support, product management, sales, and the company’s Executive.
This role will ideally be based in Germany, however we are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Design, code and maintain data gathering, processing and delivery
systems for a wide variety of operational and financial data throughout
the global organization
- Discover, analyze and validate new data sets for multiple departments and divisions
- Contribute to the technical solution starting with the design all the way through to the development of the code
- Recommend methods and process that will improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Participate and follow agile methodology in the development of the application
- Follow the existing, and suggest methods for improving, software engineering best practices within the team
- Proven experience in software engineering with expertise or interest in data engineering
- Experience with Python (awswrangler, pytest, mypy, boto3, pandas, numpy)
- Proficient in working with AWS (Redshift, Glue, Athena, Lambda, SNS, CloudFormation)
- Experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Well versed in agile engineering best practices, including version
control (GIT), test-driven development and continuous integration
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and in writin
- Have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be a creative thinker, always thinking “how can we”
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- Expertise no-SQL databases
- Experience with streaming data e.g. Apache Kafka or Amazon Kinesis
- Prior exposure to visualization tools and libraries such as QuickSight or Tableau
- Understanding of Big Data processing architectures e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Presto
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or related field
- Interest in data analytics
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
Our process will consist of an initial phone screen conversation over video via Google Meet with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be a technical test, followed by the first round which will be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager, followed by a second interview with Team lead.
We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at our German office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com