A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
As our Senior Software Engineer (Python) at CentralNic, you will create elegant and simple API interfaces and multi-microservice architectures. You will be able to visualize what doesn’t exist yet and then make it happen, both by doing it yourself and leading others.
Software architecture will already be a key skill for you and an area in which you wish to specialize. You will intimately understand API Gateway, Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB, S3, and other AWS technologies which can be composed into serverless and event-driven, multi-regional, and auto-scaling architectures.
You will work with the rest of the development teams to reverse engineer existing processes, take onboard new requirements from our product team, and build new microservices to be shared amongst our various business units.
You will coach and assist others to enhance their skill sets and achieve great results. You may be required to create rapid prototypes of new services, to adequately demonstrate possibilities to others, or help define technical standards for use across our group.
You will work in a team that works mostly remotely and is spread over multiple countries.
This role will ideally be based in Germany, France or the UK, however we are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Translate business requirements into python code, working closely with the product owners to ensure accurate and successful production releases
- Ensure that we use modern engineering standards and tools as well as set up plans in order to constantly reduce our technical debt.
- Be open-minded and always up for the modernization of our systems. Especially cloud-based approach will be become more and more important and have to be considered where applicable
- Operating as part of our new Platform team, the components you build will have diverse and complex requirements. Sometimes they will also operate at low levels, so an understanding of network protocols and the Twisted framework would be highly beneficial, as will additional programming languages.
- You will coach and assist others to enhance their skill sets and achieve great results. You may be required to create rapid prototypes of new services, adequately demonstrate possibilities to others or help define technical standards for use across our group
- Build reliable and robust software by setting up unit testing in the Development Phase of the CI/CD pipeline
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry and technology developments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Good analytical skills and great attention to detail
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- Senior/lead level in Python development with solid unit and functional testing.
- Demonstrable experience of architecting multi-microservice ecosystems and clean API interfaces from scratch.
- Solid Experience with container networking on Docker
- Solid capability in reverse engineering and understanding existing and complex software landscapes
- Ability to rapidly prototype within the AWS cloud. Strong understanding of a wide-range of AWS technologies and how to configure them using best practice, specifically (but not limited to) API Gateway, Lambda, Step Functions and DynamoDB
- Wide understanding of available AWS databases and data stores and the types of workloads most suited to each.
- Excellent ability to document and present complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Solid Domain Industry Knowledge
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
Our process will consist of an initial phone screen conversation over video via Google Meet with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be the first round which will be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager who will test your technical knowledge.
We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at our German, France or London office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com