A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
As our Web Developer at CentralNic, you will gain exposure using Redaxo as a CMS and will contribute towards picking the best framework or CMS for the given requirements while also setting it up and keeping it up to date.
This includes coding and configuring the server and databases on the back end, as well as incorporating user-facing features and functionality while keeping the best possible user experience in mind. As CentralNic is a data-driven company measuring user journeys around the site is important to us.
This role will ideally be based in Germany, however we are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Write well designed, secure, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create an elegant, modern website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Using version control and ensuring proper testing and QA
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Maintain and update websites and underlying frameworks or CMS in order to keep them up to date in regards to any security patches or latest features or enhancements
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- BS in computer science or a related field
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern web technologies
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Understanding of website and behaviour analytics tools for customer journey mapping such as Hotjar or Google Analytics
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object-Oriented Programming, and web application development
- Basic knowledge of the Search Engine Optimization process
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
Our process will consist of an initial phone screen conversation over video via Google Meet with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be the first round which will be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager and a member of the team. The second round interview will be a similar process.
We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at our Germany office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org