A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetization offering to acquire traffic and optimize online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
The role sits within the tax team and focuses on indirect tax compliance and risk management across the global business. As our Indirect Tax Manager, you will ensure effective end-to-end compliance and reporting processes. This role will work closely with the tax authority conducting audits and maintaining compliance in line with legislative change.
Reporting to the Group Tax Manager, this role will ideally be based in Luxembourg or London, where we will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic; and will be a part of CentralNic’s Finance function, which supports the global organization with its various financial activities. You will help to improve processes and automation and work with the team to identify and comply with indirect tax requirements, as the business continues along its exciting hyper-growth trajectory.
We are looking for a clear subject matter expert who demonstrates the skills and confidence to act as an advisor to the business, facilitating the smooth and efficient running of our tax-related processes.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to work across various jurisdictions and exposure to various projects and acquisitions where you will be relied upon to support on all matters with tax implications.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Leading the compliance processes, including timely and accurate reporting and payments for all indirect tax returns
- Working with the Indirect Group Tax Manager to support the many new business initiatives and associated change impacts from requirements through to successful implementation to ensure VAT compliance and accurate reporting
- Undertaking in the preparation and delivery of VAT training to the wider business
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of effective and efficient indirect tax processes and controls
- Supporting the management of indirect tax risks, identifying cash savings opportunities, and supporting (and in some cases lead) initiative(s) to mitigate the risks or realise the opportunities
- Managing communication and queries from the HMRC and other tax authorities, including building relationships with key contacts
- Supporting auditors anticipating requirements and providing necessary supporting documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- A flexible and open to change and a proactive approach
- Good commercial experience
- A proven ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to find solutions and to take initiative
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- A tax accounting qualification such as an ATT, ACCA, or ACA
- Solid Industry Experience
- Experience in managing both UK and global VAT for businesses
- Experience in dealing with tax authority inquiries and audit
What's in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
Our process will consist of an initial phone screen conversation over video via Google Meet with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be the first round which will be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager. Following a successful first round of interviews, you will then have the second and final round with the Hiring Manager and our Chief Financial Officer.
We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at one of our European offices (preferably Luxemburg or London). We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com