A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer that will be an integral part of the IT Engineering team working on a broad range of projects, focusing on developing and managing our own software products. We are looking for a dedicated colleague who demonstrates excellent knowledge around full lifecycle software development.
This role will ideally be based in Germany or UK, however we are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Optimization and continuous improvement of the backend systems
- Supporting the IT teams on solving technical issues
- Testing new features and services
- Implement, improve, maintain and monitor assigned software applications and services (new & existing software)
- Meaningful documentation of all assigned software applications and services
- Update all assigned tasks in the project management system on a regular basis in compliance with the company's requirements for task management
- Look out for improvements to make the system more stable and efficient
- Bring Strong experience in software development (ideally with Perl) or graduation in IT (apprenticeship, Bachelor or Master)
- Demonstrate Problem solving and analytical thinking skills for technical issues
- Be keen to learn and research new trends in the software development industry
- Bring the Experience in developing and scripting in Linux based environments, with SQL and knowledge database systems
- Know how to work with version control software especially GIT
- Have a passion for Object Oriented Programming
- Very good English language skills, German language skills would be a plus
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- Be interested in project work and processes in software development with the focus on continuous improvement
- Be a team player who enjoys sharing knowledge with an international team
- Demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent analytical ability
- Ideally bring first experiences with Domains and DNS, TLD registry providers
- Bring experiences in working in agile development environments using Jira and Confluence
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
Our process will consist of an initial phone screen conversation over video via Google Meet with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be the first round which will be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager, followed by a technical test.
We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role can be based remotely or will ideally be based at our St.Ingbert/Germany or London/UK office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com