A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
As our Database Administrator (TPP Wholesale) at CentralNic, you will directly report to our Head of IT Operations TPP. in this role, you will gain exposure working closely with the development and infrastructure teams to migrate a large PostgreSQL database into the cloud and write performant SQL to aid in the development of features and reporting.
This role is a 12 month contract to be based ideally in Melbourne or Sydney, however we are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Assist in migration of a large PostgreSQL database from on premise to AWS
- PostgreSQL major version upgrades
- Configure replication and backup/recovery of PostgreSQL
- Analyse and implement performance optimisation to the database
- Ensure data consistency throughout the migration and upgrade process
- Examine and document the schema
- Write performant SQL for development and reporting
- Have a high level of experience configuring and administering large production PostgreSQL database systems
- Have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Show a strong desire to succeed and make a difference
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- Extensive knowledge of PostgreSQL, replication and upgrades
- Knowledge of AWS and Cloud environments
- Effectively establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- Knowledge of managing and testing database backup recovery plans
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
Our process will consist of an initial phone screen conversation over video via Google Meet with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be the first round which will be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager, and a member of the team. Part of this will be a practical skills assessment.
We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at our Melbourne/Sydney office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org