A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
This role will be a part of CentralNic’s Finance department and you will partner with the business at group level to help them make informed decisions based on the structured financial information provided.
To support organic growth and improve managing regular reporting, CentralNic is looking for an ambitious Senior Financial Analyst.
This role will ideally be based in St. Ingbert/ Germany or Luxemburg, where we will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Prepare German and Luxembourg monthly financials comprising 9 trading entities under IFRS
- Ensure continued accuracy and timeliness of reporting, whilst maintaining a strong control environment
- Manage the annual external audit process
- Provide balance sheet reconciliation
- Assist with integrating newly acquired entities
- Coordinate the internal information flows in terms of accounting
- Review Corporate tax and VAT and liaise with external tax advisers
- Organize and drive continuous improvement and projects to increase efficiencies in finance processes through standardization, simplification and automation
- Have an ACA or ACCA qualification, with solid audit practice experience along with commercial industry accounting background, with a focus on robust financial controls, processes and systems
- Have GAAP knowledge (IFRS or German/Lux GAAP)
- Be a proactive self-starter, have a can-do and flexible attitude, particularly with respect to working to tight Plc reporting deadlines
- Bring demonstrable experience in Excel
- Be an enthusiastic team member with strong interpersonal skills and a pragmatic and proactive approach with fast processing skills
- Bring the experience in accounting software (preferably Datev, Luca.net or SAP)
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing in English and German (French would be a big plus)
- Have a passion for numbers and bring data to life
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- Have a flexible attitude and be willing to take on projects and
responsibilities outside the role’s defined scope in order to further
develop and learn
- Have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be a creative thinker, always thinking “how can we”
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
- We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
- Our process will consist of an initial conversation with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager, followed by a (task if applicable for the role)
- We are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
- We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at our German / Luxemburg office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org