Tier 3 - Hosting Assistant
Customer Success · Sydney Flexible Remote
A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
This role will be a part of CentralNic’s Customer Success Team, providing technical support and assistance to our customers.
To support organic growth and improve the customer experience, CentralNic is looking for an ambitious Tier 3 - Hosting Assistant to join its APAC Team. Reporting into the Tier 2 Hosting Support Manager, this role will ideally be based in Sydney, Australia, where we will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic. This role sits within a diverse and international team where you will be working with colleagues located in APAC, Europe and the US, and provides a fantastic opportunity to be a key escalation point for customers with issues related to their Managed VPS Service.
As our Tier 2 Hosting Support Manager, you will gain exposure working with diverse customers and as well as internal teams around the world.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- To assist in providing Management of the TPP Wholesale VPS Platform
- To provide technical support/assistance to the customers that have a Managed VPS with cPanel / WHM / vSphere / General Troubleshooting
- To be a point of contact/escalation point for customers with issues related to their Managed VPS Service
- Implement security updates/patching to our VPS Servers
- Implementation of a disaster recovery plan/restoration of VM’s if required
- To assist/facilitate in the migration of our VPS into AWS and to be an important point of contact for scheduling/physical movement of the VPS before/after the migration
- To liaise with the rest of the business with regards to any issues/escalations with customers that are offline/suffering issues with the VPS
- About you
- Have a passion for technology and customer service
- Bring demonstrable experience in VPS systems
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Be a fast learner and be able to understand our products quickly (with training)
- Know how to establish rapport and working relationships
- Be curious, research, and ask questions to understand key drivers
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be a creative thinker, always thinking “how can we”
- Show a strong desire to succeed and make a difference
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- A proven track record of
- Experience in the tech industry
- The ability to
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
- We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
- Our process will consist of an initial conversation with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager, followed by a (task if applicable for the role)
- We are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
- We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at our Sydney office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com