Group Reporting Manager
Finance · London Flexible Remote
A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is well positioned for the next stage in the development of a global company that is actively driving the growth of the digital economy, giving shareholders exposure to the fastest-growing customers, products and markets in our sector worldwide.
To support the organic growth and development of the Group Finance team, CentralNic is looking for a Group Reporting Manager to join its globally diverse group finance team and be the guardian of all external reporting produced by Group Finance.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, this role will ideally be based in London but we welcome applications from the entire UK, where we will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic. This role sits within a diverse and international Group Finance team where you will be working with colleagues located in the UK as well as internationally.
Key outcomes of the role will include
Financial reporting (annual)
- own the full year end process;
- produce the annual report working with external production partners and coordinating submissions from internal stakeholders to a strictly managed timetable;
- lead the annual group audit process ensuring that all regional and group teams are informed of audit requirements on a timely basis and that information is provided in accordance with a strictly managed timetable to ensure audit deadlines are met.
Financial reporting (monthly/quarterly)
- review/prepare consolidated quarterly interim reports and lead/coordinate the quarterly audit review of these results, including ensuring that regions are informed of audit requirements on a timely basis;
- own the process underlying the production of the group monthly consolidation including detailed reviews of P&L and balance sheet regional submissions to explain significant variances;
- responsible for ensuring that audit trails exist for all group consolidation journals, including ensuring that intercompany elimination process across the Group is sound and functioning;
- drive improvements in the financial control environment ensuring continued accuracy with accelerated reporting timetables.
- maintain and develop the Group accounting policies manual, including analysis of new IFRS accounting standards to prepare proposal for revisions to accounting policies;
- be a technical accounting resource for all Group entities.
- be joint-owner of the group consolidation tool, LucaNet, ensuring system controls are operational and that the financial data in the system is accurate.
- assist the Group Financial Controller with establishment of cash pooling arrangements and liquidity management.
- build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including regional finance teams, Group finance colleagues, external auditors, annual report production partners;
- have a continuous improvement mindset, for example in streamlining of existing and speedy implementation of new processes;
- have a flexible attitude and be willing to take on projects and responsibilities outside the role’s defined scope in order to further develop and learn.
- have an ACA qualification, with audit experience gained in a big 10 accounting firm with a focus on robust financial controls, processes and systems
- have strong IFRS knowledge
- ideally have a few years of experience of external financial reporting in a listed company environment
- have multi-company and multi-currency financial reporting experience
- ideally have experience of Treasury operations
- be a proactive self-starter, have a can-do and flexible attitude, particularly with respect to working to tight Plc reporting deadlines
- have a willingness to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in to diagnose and resolve an issue
- have a desire to put yourself outside your comfort zone
- have an excellent eye for detail particularly when preparing and reviewing annual and interim reports and consolidated accounts
- be highly numerate, with the ability to step back and see the bigger picture
- have a very good standard of written and oral English
- have a very good standard of Excel skills
- be a committed team member with strong interpersonal skills and a pragmatic and proactive approach
- have experience of consolidation software (preferably LucaNet) and accounting software (preferably one or more or Sage Line 50, Datev, Xero or SAP)
- have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- be a creative thinker, always thinking “how can we”
- show a strong desire to succeed and make a difference
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
- We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
- Our process will consist of an initial conversation with a member of our People Team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager, followed by a final stage with the Group Finance Director and one of the Group Finance colleagues so you can get a better idea of whom you will be working with.
- We are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
- We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at our London office but we are also happy to consider applications from the entire UK. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com