A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is looking for an ambitious Corporate and Company Secretary to join its Legal Team. This role provides dedicated legal and compliance services to the business, offering legal advice to a portfolio of CentralNic companies. Reporting into The Head of Legal, this role will ideally be based in London, where we will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic. This role sits within an international team where you will be working with colleagues located in London and Luxembourg and provides a fantastic opportunity to participate in a range of high-level activities and projects.
As our Legal Counsel, you will gain exposure working within a diverse, global business across a broad range of business functions working alongside a global team of experts in the tech industry.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Assist with corporate matters – (prepare general meetings, board meetings, board appointments, filings, intercompany agreements, coordinate with external lawyers on business registrations);
- Ensure full compliance of European subsidiaries, with particular focus on German subsidiaries with all statutory and corporate requirements and advise on best practice governance requirements for key operating subsidiaries;
- Maintain and update statutory records including the preparation and filing of documents with Companies House for all UK companies;
- Prepare relevant documents related to group reorganisations (group mergers/liquidations) track, complete legal documentation and ensure its proper execution;
- Support drafting processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation or compliance with legislation;
- Train directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance matters;
- Provide company secretarial support to a portfolio of companies within CentralNic Group, coordinate with external counsel to ensure timely and correct completion;
- Support drafting departmental and business-wide procedures and controls for the company secretarial function that reflect best practice and/or mitigate business risks;
- Provide prompt and accurate ad hoc legal and compliance information as requested by internal teams;
- Keep up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organisation.
- University degree in Law (qualification and admission to practice law in Germany is desirable)
- Min 4 years of experience in a corporate role, including meeting and minutes writing, and experience in negotiating corporate transactions documents;
- The skills, willingness, and initiative to own legal issues across many different jurisdictions;
- Excellent command of English, (knowledge of German language is an advantage) excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication, and influencing skills;
- Comfort in working in a matrix organisation and persistence to drive change over time;
- Passion about technology-driven and consumer-led businesses;
- Strong organisational skills and experience in taking responsibility for and managing workstreams, such as due diligence or disclosure exercises;
- Enthusiasm and drive to achieve personal development targets and progress within your role.
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- 4- PQE
- Up to date knowledge of legislation and compliance
- Experience in the tech industry
- The ability to analyse complex information
- Demonstrable communication skills
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
- We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
- Our process will consist of an initial conversation with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager
- We are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
- We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based within a European Time zone such as UK, Germany or Luxembourg. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org