Technology · London, St. Ingbert Fully Remote
A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
This role will be a part of CentralNic’s ITSS Division, which is focused on providing infrastructure and software services across clients. The division caters to both internal and external stakeholders.
To support organic growth and improve capacity, CentralNic is looking for an ambitious DevOps Engineer to join its ITSS Team. Reporting into Head of System Administration, this role will ideally be based in either London or St. Ingbert (Germany), where we will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic. This role sits within a diverse and international team where you will be working with colleagues located in Europe.
- Successfully completed studies in computer science or a comparable qualification (e. g. obtained through technical trainings)
- You have a broad overview of the AWS product portfolio and are familiar with the deployment and operation of managed AWS services
- with automated infrastructure deployment (Infrastructure as Code)
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- You have very good Linux skills, Windows skills are a plus
- AWS certifications would be huge plus
- You have already worked in agile teams (using Kanban, Scrum or similar) with a DevOps role
- Very good English language skills, German language skills would be a plus
- Ideally you are experienced with most of the following technologies:
- Deployment, orchestration and configuration of infrastructure using Terraform, Ansible, Packer and Gitlab (or a similar technology stack)
- Managed AWS services, especially
- VPC networking (route tables, gateways, security groups, peering, VPN)
- Computing (EC2, ECS)
- Storage (EBS, EFS, S3)
- Load Balancing (ELB)
- CDN (CloudFront)
- Database services (RDS, DynamoDB)
- Platform services (Elastic Beanstalk)
- Caching services (ElastiCache Redis/Memcache)
- Serverless computing (Lambda)
- Attack protection (Shield Advanced, WAF)
- Monitoring (CloudWatch, CloudTrail)
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
- We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
- Our process will consist of an initial conversation with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager
- We are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
- We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based remotely or at our London or St. Ingbert office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com