Registry Liaison Officer
Technology · St. Ingbert, London, Munich, Schwabing-Freimann Flexible Remote
A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
This role will be a part of CentralNic’s Reseller division, which is responsible for the coordination and on-boarding of TLD accreditations, escalation to registries, collecting TLD information and providing newly received registry information to different departments. The division caters to our global client base.
To support organic growth and improve efficiencies CentralNic is looking for an ambitious Registry Liaison Officer to join its Reseller Team. Reporting into the Registry Liaison Manager, this role will ideally be based in London or St. Ingbert, where we will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic. This role sits within a diverse and international team where you will be working with colleagues located in [specify locations as relevant] and provides a fantastic opportunity to [sell the opportunity].
As our Registry Liaison Officer, you will gain exposure working with a great team in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Coordination and on-boarding of TLD accreditations, escalation to registries (Support, Billing, Technical problems), collecting TLD information
- Negotiate pricing with registries or providers
- Create TLD factsheets for technical implementation of TLDs
- Incident management of complaints received from registries or ICANN
- Participating in the migration/ consolidation teams for registry information, transfer planning, registry account setup etc.
- Evaluate potentials savings while doing cost comparison and registry account consolidations
- Provide overview and lists to management about order and prioritization of migrations together with the project manager Represent CNIC registrars towards ICANN, registries and providers
- Strong cooperation with other departments, especially Sales, Support, Project Manager and Dev. department in order to provide registry information, negotiate pricing and allocate received registry notifications
- Completed IT education or comparable qualification
- Very quick comprehension, excellent analysis and communication skills,
- Strong written and spoken English (other foreign languages are an advantage, especially German) Customer focus and reliability
- Ability to rapidly acquire new skills and technical knowledge
- Be working with the rest of the team in collaboration, and make sure you track your activity to ensure visibility
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be a creative thinker, always thinking “how can we”
- Show a strong desire to succeed and make a difference
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- Experience in customer support, ideally IT support
- Solid computer and Internet skills (Linux)
- Additional knowledge of the domain business, DNS, databases would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills; written, spoken
- Good analysis and solution competence
- High motivation and flexibility
- Independent way of working
- Interested in helping others
- Able to work under pressure and cope with changing priorities Excellent attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
- We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
- Our process will consist of an initial conversation with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager, followed by a task .
- We are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
- We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at our London or St Ingbert office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com