Senior Java Developer
Technology · Sydney
Our mission is to be the company that enables everyone to achieve their aspirations online. As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. To learn more about the company please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is well positioned for the next stage of developing a global company that drives the growth of the digital economy, giving shareholders exposure to the fastest-growing customers, products and markets in our sector worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer who will be an integral part of the IT Engineering team. You will help to plan, design, develop & maintain multiple Java projects. You will also help to improve the architecture of the system using the latest technology possible.
• Develop and maintain the administration project used for staff operations.
• Develop and maintain the API & core functionalities for various projects.
• Develop and maintain the domain registry & provider connections.
• Develop, extend and maintain database application from design, connection, data storage, data validation and performance
• Assist in platform migrations.
• Contribute to constant update and upgrade to the system according to the business requirements.
• Develop and maintain unit & integration tests for various projects.
• Play an important part in the SDLC - Code reviews, planning, design, etc.
• 6+ years of experience in Java & J2EE Development
• 4+ yrs with Spring & Hibernate eco-system
• 4+ yrs with REST API integrations (consuming and exposing) on production environments
• Good understanding of Object oriented concepts, design patterns, Java, SQL, multi-threading,Spring, Hibernate, RESTful API's, Agile methodologies and XML/JSON parsers.
• Comfortable writing complex & efficient queries in MYSQL.
• Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
• Knowledge of tools like - SVN, Git, Jenkins etc.
• Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, ability to work in a fast paced environment and a responsible team-player.
• Ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently on large features, complex bugs and mentor junior team
The role will ideally be based at our Melbourne or Sydney office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offer equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.