Software Engineer (Python) - ITSS Retail
Technology · London, St. Ingbert Flexible Remote
Our mission is to be the company that enables everyone to achieve their aspirations online. As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. To learn more about the company please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is well positioned for the next stage of developing a global company that drives the growth of the digital economy, giving shareholders exposure to the fastest-growing customers, products and markets in our sector worldwide.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer that will be an integral part of the Retail Engineering team working on a broad range of projects, focusing on developing and managing our own software products for one of our brands and working with teams for our other brands. We are looking for a dedicated colleague who demonstrates excellent knowledge around full lifecycle software development.
- Optimization and continuous improvement of the backend systems, supporting and working with a mixed skill/technology on solving technical issues in our retail DNS, Hosting & related services platform
- Testing new features and services manually and with unit/integration tests
- Implement, improve, maintain and monitor assigned software applications and services
- Meaningful documentation of all assigned software applications and services
- Update all assigned tasks in the project management system on a regular basis in compliance with the company's requirements for task management
- Research, develop and collaborate on improvements to make the system more stable and efficient.
- Collaborate with other retail brand platform development teams on shared projects & services. Provide peer support and expertise to other teams within the group
- Excellent Python practical knowledge
- Excellent Object-oriented programming (OOP) knowledge
- Good knowledge of PHP and SQL
- Know how to use source control – particularly GIT
- Good understanding of Linux operating system
- Some understanding of DNS implementation and/or DNS industry
- Good system documentation skills
Nice to have
- Knowledge about basic cloud infrastructure and AWS services
- Have knowledge about Agile methodology, particularly SCRUM Know how to use Atlassian tools - JIRA & Confluence
- Comfortable working cross functionally and with remote teams
- Have Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering or similar qualification
- Be an analytical and systematic problem solver
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) will be an advantage
- Docker container knowledge and experience
What we offer in return
- A great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the domain industry
- Competitive remuneration
- Career progression
- Lovely office location
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to working with diverse and international teams
- Exciting and challenging projects and plenty of opportunity to develop your skills
The role will ideally be based at our London or St. Ingbert office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offer equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.