PERL Developer (Dropcatching Reseller)
Technology · St. Ingbert, Bonn, Munich, Altstadt-Lehel, London Flexible Remote
Our mission is to be the company that enables everyone to achieve their aspirations online. As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. To learn more about the company please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is well positioned for the next stage of developing a global company that drives the growth of the digital economy, giving shareholders exposure to the fastest-growing customers, products and markets in our sector worldwide.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer that will be an integral part of the IT Engineering team working on a broad range of projects, focusing on developing and managing our own software products. We are looking for a dedicated colleague who demonstrates excellent knowledge around full lifecycle software development.
- Drop catching involves re-registrations of released Domain Names.
- Identify the most effective and fastest way to connect to Domain Registries
- Testing new features and services Implement, improve, maintain and monitor assigned software applications and services
- Meaningful documentation of all assigned software applications and services
- Update all assigned tasks in the project management system on a regular basis in compliance with the company's requirements for task management
- Look out for improvements to make the system more stable and efficient.
- Strong Perl experience or similar
- Python /C++ would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Strong Team Player
- Experience in Developing and scripting in a Linux environment
- Know how to use source control – particularly GIT /GITLab
- Good system documentation skills
Nice to have
- Domain industry knowledge advantageous
- Knowledge about basic cloud infrastructure and AWS services Have knowledge about Agile methodology, particularly SCRUM
- Excellent Dropcatching practical knowledge
- Comfortable working cross functionally and with remote teams
- Have Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering or similar qualification
- Be an analytical and systematic problem solver
- Excellent Object oriented programming (OOP) knowledge
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) will be an advantage Docker container knowledge and experience
- Strong English and Technical English
- German would be an advantage
What we offer in return
- A great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the domain industry
- Competitive remuneration
- Career progression
- Lovely office location
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to working with diverse and international teams
- Exciting and challenging projects and plenty of opportunity to develop your skills
The role will ideally be based at our St Ingbert or London office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offer equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.