Software Engineer (Perl)
Technology · St. Ingbert, Bonn, Munich, Altstadt-Lehel
Our mission is to be the company that enables everyone to achieve their aspirations online. As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. To learn more about the company please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is well positioned for the next stage of developing a global company that drives the growth of the digital economy, giving shareholders exposure to the fastest-growing customers, products and markets in our sector worldwide.
We are looking for a Software Engineer that will be an integral part of the IT Engineering team working on a broad range of projects, focusing on developing and managing our own software products. We are looking for a dedicated colleague who demonstrates excellent knowledge around full lifecycle software development. Responsibilities Optimization and continuous improvement of the backend systems Supporting the IT teams on solving technical issues Testing new features and services Implement, improve, maintain and monitor assigned software applications and services Meaningful documentation of all assigned software applications and services Update all assigned tasks in the project management system on a regular basis in compliance with the company's requirements for task management. Look out for improvements to make the system more stable and efficient
You will have
- Strong experience in software development ideally with Perl
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills for technical issues
- Be keen to learn and research new trends in the software development industry Experience in developing and scripting in Linux based environments
- Experience in developing with SQL and knowledge database systems
- Experience with version control software especially GIT
- Know-how in Object Oriented Programming
- Be interested in project work and processes in software development with the focus on continuous improvement
- Be a team player who enjoys sharing knowledge with an international team Demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent analytical ability
- Fluent English, German preferred as well
- Ideally bring first experiences with Domains and DNS Ideally bring experiences in working in agile development environments using Jira and Confluence
- Ideally bring experiences on working with TLD registry providers
What we offer in return
- A great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the domain industry
- Competitive remuneration
- Career progression
- Lovely office location
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to working with diverse and international teams
- Exciting and challenging projects and plenty of opportunity to develop your skills
The role will ideally be based at our St Ingbert office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offer equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.