Regulatory Compliance Officer Australia & New Zealand
Legal & Compliance · Mordialloc, Napier Flexible Remote
Our mission is to be the company that enables everyone to achieve their aspirations online. As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. To learn more about the company please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is well positioned for the next stage of developing a global company that drives the growth of the digital economy, giving shareholders exposure to the fastest-growing customers, products and markets in our sector worldwide.
To support the organic growth and a highly acquisitive agenda, CentralNic is looking for an Compliance Officer for Australia & New Zealand to join its Compliance function. The Compliance Officer will report directly to the Group Compliance Officer. It is a full time permanent role that can be either based in our Melbourne or Napier office but we are happy to consider flexible working for the right candidate.
- Review, development and implement all areas of the compliance framework using Group policies with local adaptations when required
- Ensure all staff are provided with suitable compliance training and support a strong compliance culture across the business
- Create internal controls to ensure compliance with group policies and monitor adherence to them
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents for each department
- Keep up to date with applicable legal and regulatory compliance requirements locally
- Collaborate with local counterparts about updated rules within the countries we are based on as well as European changes on data protection legislation (GDPR)
- Coordinate with different department managers to review all departmental compliance policies
- Coordinate and support local teams on business continuity and disaster recovery planning
You will need to have
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- Must have some experience in a similar role
- The ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment
- In depth understanding of the regulatory compliance and risk issues that a company like CentralNic faces
- Proven working experience in an international environment is a plus
- Proficient level of English language skills both written and verbal are essential
- Effective stakeholder management skills and ability to learn new systems and processes
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver tasks on time to tight deadlines
- Excellent collaboration skills and be comfortable working cross functionally
What we offer in return
- A great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the domain industry
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to work with diverse and international teams
- Interesting and exciting work with growth potential
The role can be based at our Napier (New Zealand) or Melbourne Office in Australia. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offer equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.