Finance · Vancouver Flexible Remote
Our mission is to be the company that enables everyone to achieve their aspirations online. As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. To learn more about the company please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is well-positioned for the next stage of developing a global company that drives the growth of the digital economy, giving shareholders exposure to the fastest-growing customers, products and markets in our sector worldwide.
To support the growth and a highly acquisitive agenda, CentralNic is looking for an ambitious Financial Accountant to join its Canadian operations. This is an exciting and varied opportunity to gain wider financial and commercial skills and participate in future growth.
The Financial Accountant will support with full-cycle accounting, daily bookkeeping, preparation of financial reports and more. This role also has the opportunity to identify and streamline local accounting practices for the company. This is an exciting position for someone who thrives in fast-paced and ever-evolving environments.
- Be responsible for timely completion of full-cycle accounting
- Complete daily account reconciliations and journal entries
- Have accounts payable responsibilities
- Compare actual performance against budget
- Report and remit sales tax and other required tax filings
- Prepare reports for audit purposes
- Assist with billing and invoicing queries
- Respond to queries from various internal and external stakeholders
- Work in conjunction with regional and group finance teams to drive best practice and consistent processes
- Recommend, test and implement changes to accounting processes as required
You will need
- A few years’ relevant finance/accounting experience
- Have completed an finance/accounting degree
- Experience working with multiple currencies
- Excellent communication skills and are able to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve
- A collaborative mindset and are open to feedback
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Advanced Excel user knowledge and the ability to work with very large data sets
- Strong technical knowledge and awareness of current accounting practices
- Ability to learn new systems and processes
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver tasks on time to tight deadlines
What we offer in return
- A great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the domain industry
- Competitive remuneration
- Career progression
- Lovely office location
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to work with diverse and international teams
- Exciting and challenging projects and plenty of opportunities to develop your skills
The role will ideally be based at our Canadian office in Richmond, B.C. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offering equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.