Regulatory Compliance Assistant
Legal & Compliance · Munich, Altstadt-Lehel, St. Ingbert, London Flexible Remote
A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetization offering to acquire traffic and optimize online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is looking for an ambitious Regulatory Compliance Assistant to join its Legal Team. This role provides GDPR and compliance service to the business with key responsibility for Europe. Reporting into The Group Compliance Officer, this role will ideally be based in Germany and sits within an international team. In this position, you will be working with colleagues located in London and Luxembourg and provides a fantastic opportunity to participate in a range of activities and projects where you will demonstrate the confidence to work independently to deliver positive outcomes. In line with our post-pandemic hybrid approach, the team is operating remotely with plans to make occasional visits to our German offices as and when appropriate.
As our Regulatory Compliance Officer, you will be our European compliance SME. You will gain broad exposure working within a diverse, global business across a broad range of business functions alongside a global team of experts in the tech industry.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Build a strong compliance culture across the business
- Ensure all staff are provided compliance training and support
- Review and adjustment of policies
- Conducting legal research for new regulation
- Auditing teams to improve upon implementation practices
- Strong understanding of compliance regulations in Germany and any other European jurisdictions
- Some experience in Compliance
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment
- Proven working experience in an international environment is a plus
- Fluent English language skills - written and spoken
- Effective stakeholder management skills and ability to learn new systems and processes
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver tasks on time to tight deadlines
- Excellent collaboration skills and be comfortable working cross-functionally
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- Previous and demonstrable experience implementing compliance frameworks using Group policies with local adaptations when required
- Creating internal controls to ensure compliance with group policies and monitoring adherence to them
- Auditing processes, practices, and documents for each department
- Knowledge of the applicable legal and regulatory compliance requirements of the EU
- Working knowledge of German processes and policies would be an advantage
- Collaborating with local counterparts about updated rules within the countries we are based in as well as European changes on data protection legislation (GDPR)
- Coordinating with a variety of department managers, reviewing all departmental compliance policies
- Coordinating and supporting local teams on business continuity and disaster recovery planning
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
- We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
- Our process will consist of an initial conversation with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be a competency-based interview with the Hiring Manager, followed by a final stage with the Head of Legal.
- We are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
- As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using the phone and video calls (google meets).
- We ensure a safe, engaging, and (until further notice) remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
- We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)! ☺
The role will ideally be based at one of our St. Ingbet or Luxembourg offices. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offering equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.