IT Security Engineer
Technology · St. Ingbert, London, Kraków, Munich, Altstadt-Lehel Flexible Remote
- Munich, Altstadt-Lehel
Our mission is to be the company that enables everyone to achieve their aspirations online. As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. To learn more about the company please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is well positioned for the next stage of developing a global company that drives the growth of the digital economy, giving shareholders exposure to the fastest-growing customers, products and markets in our sector worldwide.
We are seeking a IT Security Engineer to strengthen our innovative team. Headquartered in St.Ingbert since August 2018, we are part of the multinational internet services holding company CentralNic Group PLC, based in the United Kingdom. Our focus is the professional operation of IT infrastructure for business customers and private clients with sophisticated needs. We are committed to providing the highest standards of performance, availability and security. As a full service provider, we develop individual project solutions in partnership with our clients by relying on long-standing experience in the fields Internet, networks and high availability solutions.
You will be focused on
- Documentation and reporting of security threats
- Analyse security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis
- Administration of the used firewalls (currently Check Point Next Generation Threat Prevention R77/R80)
- Checking the system and firewall logs for security relevant entries
- Penetration tests and security audits of the IT infrastructure (network and applications)
- Implementation of the PCI-DSS security scans
- System hardening in general
- Development and definition of security-relevant objects, threats and risks and the security objectives derived from them, including their implementation in consultation with CSO
- Auditing of the functional units on the status of implementation and further development of the IT security regulations
- Elaboration and continuous adaptation of IT security regulations oriented to ISO 27001 and IT basic protection (company-wide)
- Training and monitoring of compliance with IT security regulations by employees
- Analysis of security incidents including reporting to CSO & management and strategy development to avoid security incidents
- Main contact person for IT security related issues
You will need to have
- Expert knowledge in the administration of firewalls, intrusion prevention and other IT security solutions
- Good knowledge of penetration testing, handling vulnerability scanners, debugging network communications (tcpdump, wireshark, etc.) and creating security policies
- Strong written and spoken English (other foreign languages are an advantage, especially German)
- Experience in AWS Cloud security and Certifications in the area of firewall, network and penetration testing (e.g. OSCP) would be an advantage
What we offer in return
- A great working atmosphere in an internationally successful company in the domain industry
- Permanent contract
- Competitive remuneration
- Career progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to working with diverse and international teams
- Exciting and challenging projects and plenty of opportunity to develop your skills
The role will ideally be based at our St Ingbert (Germany) / London (UK) office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offer equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.