System Administrator (Linux)
Technology · St. Ingbert, Munich, Altstadt-Lehel Flexible Remote
Our mission is to be the company that enables everyone to achieve their aspirations online. As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. To learn more about the company please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
CentralNic is well positioned for the next stage of developing a global company that drives the growth of the digital economy, giving shareholders exposure to the fastest-growing customers, products and markets in our sector worldwide.
We are seeking a Linux System Administrator to strengthen our innovative team. Headquartered in St.Ingbert since August 2018, we are part of the multinational internet services holding company CentralNic Group PLC, based in the United Kingdom. Our focus is the professional operation of IT infrastructure for business customers and private clients with sophisticated needs. We are committed to providing the highest standards of performance, availability and security. As a full service provider, we develop individual project solutions in partnership with our clients by relying on long-standing experience in the fields Internet, networks and high availability solutions.
You will be
- Ensuring and maintaining the smooth operation and security of our IT infrastructure
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting
- Analysis and elimination of occurring errors
- Administration of Linux/Unix standard services (Apache, MySQL, Postfix) and scripting
- creating backups
- Password and identity management
You will need to have
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience with operational systems in the Linux environment
- Advanced knowledge in the administration of Linux/Unix standard services (Apache, bind, nginx, MySQL, Postfix, iptables, NFS, iSCSI)
- Knowledge in scripting on Bash, Perl or comparable languages
- Good knowledge in virtualization (preferred VMware), automation of IT systems (preferably Puppet, Ansible, Terraform), debugging of network communication (tcpdump, wireshark, etc.) and monitoring of systems (preferred Icinga2, nagios)
- Experience with cloud service providers (preferred AWS)
- Strong written and spoken English (other foreign languages are an advantage, especially German)
- Knowledge/experience with network device administration would be an advantage (preferred Juniper)
What we offer in return
- a great working atmosphere in an internationally successful company in the domain industry,
- an interesting, versatile and responsible job,
- permanent contract,
- exciting and challenging tasks with helpful colleagues,
- performance-related remuneration with a wide range of additional benefits,
- creative lunch breaks on our rooftop balcony, playing some table soccer or air hockey.
The role will ideally be based at our St Ingbert office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offer equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.